Ampoules are fusion-sealable containers for injection medicines such as vaccines, serums, liquid injections, etc, with capacity of 1-25 mL. Most ampoules used at present are of glass material.
What is Ampoule Breaking Force?
Ampoule breaking force refers to the force applied to separate the bottle neck of the ampoule from the bottle body. The force value has a close relationship with the ampoule breaking operation.
The Importance of Controlling Ampoule Breaking Force
Glass ampoules are easily broken, especially in the process of opening. If ampoules are hard to broke (with stronger breaking force), that may cause personal injury, and the glass fragments might fall into the liquid medicine and cause harm to human body. In order to avoid this, it is necessary to control the ampoule breaking force.
We do control of ampoule breaking force for our products such as dexamethasone sodium phosphate injection, gentamycin injection, vitamin c injection, cimetidine injection etc.
How to Test Ampoule Breaking Force?
- Step 1: Put the ampoule on the sample holder of the appropriate length of the fixture on the instrument base.
- Step 2: Adjust the position of the ampoule so that the color dot of the ampoule is facing downwards, and the instrument forcing device is facing the middle of the score.
- Step 3: Set the test parameters and test speed and then start the test. The breaking device of the instrument starts to press down at a constant speed at the test speed until the
- ampoule is broken, the result is displayed in the software.
- Step 4:Take out the broken sample and observe if the broken part of the ampoule is flat and if there are cracks.
- Step 5: Clean the small cracks on the surface after test.
It is very important to detect the breaking force of ampoules, which helps companies to effectively control the quality of ampoules and reduce the incidence of quality problems.